Code Review World Tour
To do this book right, I need real examples of
real code that other people wrote. I have about half the examples
that I need. I hope that the Perl community can provide the other
For the next year, I'll be travelling around speaking to Perl
Mongers groups about Perl Program Repair and Red Flags. I'd like to
give about one talk each month through 2006.
What I hope will happen is:
- A Perl Mongers group will invite me to come speak
- Some of the group members will send me some
example code ahead of time
- I read over the code
- I write up a
talk about how I think it could be improved
- I visit the group
and give the talk
- I go home again
- I write up a book
chapter about the code, incorporating the points that the PM group
raised when I gave the talk.
How to invite me
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What it costs
Nothing. But I'd be really grateful if you would pass the hat to
help cover my travel expenses.
How to contribute
Details are here.
- January: New York
- February 6 (Monday): Chicago
- March 21 (Tuesday): Philadelphia
- April 12 (Wednesday): Pittsburgh
- May 13 (Saturday): Toronto
- June: YAPC::NA in Chicago
- July: OSCON in Portland
- August: (cancelled for scheduling reasons)
- September: (personal commitment)
- October 12 (Thursday): Saint Louis
- November: open
Send them to email@example.com.
Universe of Discourse main page |
What's new page |
Red Flags Book |