Things I think everyone should know about Git
Length: 65 min
Git makes many people suffer unnecessarily.
I will try to help you suffer less, by telling you a few things that I think
all newcomers to Git should be told.
The most important bit is: Read Git
From the Bottom Up by John Wiegley.
- How to approach Git; general strategy
- Definitely read Git From the Bottom Up
- The repository is immutable
- git-reflog finds stuff you thought was lost
- Skim the git-rev-parse manual once in a while
- Branches aren't real
- Pushing and pulling; remotes and tracking branches
- The index and partial commits (git-add -p)
- Aliases and writing custom commands
Universe of Discourse main page |
Perl Paraphernalia |
Other Classes and Talks