About Mark Jason Dominus
- Mark Jason Dominus (두민소, 陶敏修) has been
programming in Perl professionally since 1992, when he was a Unix
sysadmin with the University of Pennsylvania Department of Computer
and Information Sciences.
- Mark is an occasional contributor to the Perl core, and is the
author of the standard perlreftut man page.
- From 1999-2001 Mark was the managing editor of www.perl.com.
- Mark was a columnist for The Perl
Journal for several years. All of his articles for
TPJ have been reprinted
Science and Perl Programming: Best of the Perl Journal,
available from O'Reilly and Associates.
- Mark's other Perl-related articles have appeared in magazines
such as Wired and IEEE Software.
- Since 1998 Mark has been a professional perl trainer. In
addition to speaking at conferences such as YAPC, the O'Reilly Open
Source Conferences, Usenix, and LISA, he has given training courses
for large companies and organizations, including Morgan Stanley, IBM,
Bristol-Myers Squibb, and the U.S. Air Force.
- Mark's book Higher-Order Perl was published by Morgan
Kaufmann in March, 2005.
- Mark is the author of several well-known and widely-used Perl
modules, including Text::Template, Memoize, and
- Mark's work on Rx, a Perl regular expression
debugger, won the 2000 Larry Wall Award for Practical Utility.
Universe of Discourse main page |
Perl Paraphernalia |
Classes and Talks