M-J. Dominus at The Perl Conferences
In 1998 I was at the Second
Annual O'Reilly and Associates Perl Conference. I did
three different things:
- I taught a tutorial on
- I gave an invited talk called The Perl
- I did a guru-is-in session.
The complete report discusses all those things.
Notes for the Hardware Store talk are on-line.
In 1999, I'll be returning to do several more things:
- I'll be doing three tutorials:
- A compressed version of the web security tutorial.
- A half day tutorial about regexes. (I'm replacing Jeffrey
Friedl, insofar as that is actually possible.)
- A half day tutorial called Tricks of the
Wizards or something like that.
- I'll be returning with part II of The Perl
Hardware Store. I'll also get to give part I over again
for the people who didn't get to it last year. Gnat says he's
giving me a full hour and a half. I haven't figured out part
II yet, but full notes for part
I are available online.
- They'll probably talk me into another guru session. In fact,
this may already have happened. I forget.
- News Flash: Contrary to some
information disseminated by O'Reilly, I will not be
participating in the `Perl Town Meeting'. According to O'Reilly:
In the closing session of the conference, the leaders
of the Perl community discuss the future with each
other and the audience. Your questions and
concerns will help drive future development of Perl.
Well, guess what? I'm not a leader of the community and I
have no influence at all on the future development of Perl.
And nobody asked me to participate; they just stuck my
name on it.
I'll be giving all three tutorials in Boston in April, and in Santa
Clara in May. I'll also be giving the Regex tutorial at YAPC in
Pittsburgh in June. Here's the 1999 overview
Universe of Discourse main page |